In my practice I rely first and foremost on the establishment of trust and the creation of a safe and supportive space to learn and grow. I am collaborative in sessions and tailor treatment to your individual needs. I use a variety of approaches including but not limited to strengths-based therapy, cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), psychodynamic therapy and mindfulness. My areas of focus include cancer, chronic illness, grief, insomnia, caregiver stress, life transitions and aging. I also work with parents of children coping with cancer, chronic illness and developmental disabilities.
I offer case management consultations as well as integrate case management services in psychotherapy sessions. Resources I can assist with include:
- Advance healthcare directives and POLSTs
- Caregiver services
- Disability (SDI and SSDI), Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and Paid Family Leave (PFL) applications
- Independent or assisted living facilities including memory care
- Senior centers and additional senior programs
- Substance abuse treatment including inpatient, intensive outpatient, outpatient, self-help and 12-step programs
- Support groups for clients and families
I offer trainings and webinars in my areas of focus, please contact me to see how I can help.